Martha's Cranberry Shortbread
Dried Cranberry Shortbread
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients into bowl of a food processor, pulse the blades a few times to mix. (If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a bowl with a wooden spoon)
- Cut butter into cubes and add vanilla.
- Mix the dough until it starts to clump together. Do not mix it much more than this or your shortbread will be tough.
- Scoop the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet.
Store any leftover dough in The Smart Cookie.