If you're trying to eat healthier, soup is a great option because it fills you up and it's easy to customize to your tastes. Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fiber and I love the colour that the spinach brings to this dish. Add a little parmesan and parsley to finish off the dish and you have a healthy, easy and beautiful soup to serve your family, and it is also fancy enough to serve at a dinner party. This recipe is also a great option for "Meatless Mondays", serve with a piece of garlic bread to make the meal more substantial.
Chickpea and Spinach Soup
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 cloves frozen garlic cubes ( or 4 fresh cloves chopped)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups canned chickpeas ( drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Shaved parmesan
- Fresh chopped parsley
- In a medium sized pot heat 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, heat for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and broth, bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and simmer for 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately garnished with parmesan shavings and parsley.
Store any leftover soup in the Burger Master. Fill each compartment with soup and add the garnish, store in the freezer for up to 6 months.