Continuing in my quest to try new things this year, I decided to stray from a standard beef burger to something new - a burger patty made from a mixture of lean pork and veal. I was blown away by the flavor of this patty! I mixed in sauteed onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers and with the addition of shredded mozzarella, the result is a moist, flavorful burger that you must try.
Adding the veal to the burger is optional, you can just use lean ground pork if you prefer. I added the veal to add an extra depth of flavor to the patty. After mixing all of the ingredients together you should chill in the fridge for at least an hour to allow all the flavors to meld together. You can use the Burger Master to shape and store the patties or just leave in the mixing bowl, covered.
Pork and Veal Jalapeno Burgers with Chili powder Mayo
Yield: 8 patties
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 pounds ground lean pork
- ½ pound ground veal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Chili powder Mayonnaise
- ½ cup store bought mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan to saute the onion, garlic and jalapenos until soft. Set aside until cooled.
- Mix the cooled onion mixture and the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom tray of the Burger Master, place the lid on top and place in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to grill.
- Before serving, mix ½ cup store bought mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon Chipotle powder.