Pork and Veal Jalapeno Burgers with Chili powder Mayo
Yield: 8 patties
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 pounds ground lean pork
- ½ pound ground veal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup store bought mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan to saute the onion, garlic and jalapenos until soft. Set aside until cooled.
- Mix the cooled onion mixture and the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom tray of the Burger Master, place the lid on top and place in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to grill.
- Before serving, mix ½ cup store bought mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon Chipotle powder to spread on grilled patties.